Sometimes people take hearing for granted. Picture yourself unable to hear. Visualize how your life will be changed. It is important to learn about noise hazards and how to protect yourself against noise hazards.
The damage is cumulative and the hearing loss cannot be reversed by medicine or surgery. A hearing aid cannot completely restore hearing either.
Sound, measured in decibels (dBA), ranges in various levels of extremity. Although 140 dBA will cause immediate pain, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommends that workplaces limit noise exposure to 85 dBA during an 8 hour day. For comparison, this noise level is about little louder than a freight train 100 feet away. However, this threshold goes down exponentially at higher levels. NIOSH recommends a maximum of 15 minutes of exposure to 100 dBA, or the level of noise at a construction site.
It is important you understand noise hazards in your workplace. You need to have the correct hearing protections in place so that you can keep your hearing.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Learning how noise impacts hearing and the factors that determine the extent of hearing loss.
- Recognizing noise exposure levels that require hearing protection.
- Understanding how the types of hearing protectors are selected for a job, and the advantages and disadvantages for controlling noise exposure.
- Learning correct use, care, and maintenance practices for hearing protectors.
- Comprehending the requirements of a Hearing Conservation Program.
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.