This course is meant to help you identify and correct unsafe work practices, in addition to creating and enforcing safe work practices so everyone can avoid struck-by and caught-between injuries and incidents.
A struck-by incident is when the impact alone creates an injury (e.g. a worker is hit and injured by a tool or equipment). Often, struck-by incidents are related to improper material handling and unsafe practices around heavy equipment, tools, and machinery. These incidents can result in blindness, concussions, permanent brain damage, and other serious injuries.
A caught-in or-between incident is when an injury is a result of the crushing force between two objects. This includes getting caught or crushed in operating equipment, between a moving and stationary object, or between two or more moving objects. Annually, caught-in injuries result in serious and often fatal crushing injuries and hundreds of amputations each year. In total, these hazards account for:
- Approximately 100 deaths each year
- 5% of all construction fatalities
- More than 2 amputations EVERY work day
- Over 550 amputations each year
- Thousands of disabling injuries
Don’t let yourself become one of these statistics!
These incidents can happen in every type of job but are most common, and most deadly, in construction and road work, oil and gas work, any work involving material handling, machines, and heavy equipment.
The prevention of struck-by and caught-between related hazards and injuries is a primary focus of OHS/OSHA inspectors. By taking this course, you can help your organization protect workers and keep them safe on the job.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Identifying common struck-by and caught-between hazards
- Recognizing higher risk environments
- Discovering techniques and methods to reduce overall risks
- Evaluating unsafe behaviors that increase risk
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.